Reign In October

This forum is for posting team press releases, organizational reports, will be away posts, etc. League articles get posted in the forker.

Reign In October

Postby Friars2034 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

What a season in San Diego folks. I don't think anyone predicted the Padres to win the west this year! Although the Padres never seem to get any respect, always expected to be towards the bottom of the division. Surprising really as this team has some talent with even more on the way. This team should contend for years down the road here in San Diego. After finishing second to the Dodgers last season by a single game the Padres turned the table on the Dodgers this season by taking the division by a mere single game.

"What a season! I mean after last season losing the tie breaker game to the Dodgers I told our guys, listen, we have a solid core of young talent! Don't hang your heads! You guys played one hell of a season out there! If we work hard and continue to do what we know we are capable of, we will be back here next year! That's just what we did. We worked hard. We believed! We played our game! I am just so proud of our guys! They played their asses off this year. I am so happy for our city and our fans as October baseball is back in San Diego! I want to congratulate the Dodgers on another great season. Another hotly contested NL West race down to the final game! We are gonna enjoy this tonight. Gonna pop some bubbly down there in that clubhouse and live every moment! We have a lot more work to do as we need 11 more wins to complete our mission! We shall see how far we can go. No one expected us to be here so we shall see what happens. I am just excited for this team. To be in the playoffs this year and with more fantastic talent on the way up, this team will hopefully earn the respect it deserves!"

There ya have it folks, GM Berg speaking after his team clinches a playoff birth on the last day of the regular season by beating the LA Dodgers. What a celebration out there on the field. Soak it up San Diego! Enjoy! Your team is post season bound!

Buddy Bell Reporting
San Diego Tribune
Career Record: 1,092-1,339 (.449)
Best Season: 97-65 (2048)
Last Season Improvement: +1

NL Wildcard 2046
NL West Champions 2047
NL Wildcard 2048
NL Manager of the Year 2047
Friars2034
San Diego GM

Return to Press Releases